Research Experience for Undergraduates program at RTC
SF State and RTC have been awarded a five year renewal of National Science Foundation (NSF) funding to offer their Summer Biological Research in Ecological and Evolutionary Developmental Biology (BREED) program. This is a 10-week NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in which students will have the opportunity to participate in research activities at RTC and SF State.
• Individual research projects in the Departments of Biology at SF State and the Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies (mentors and their research)
• Integrated program of academic and professional development
• 10 week program (June 2 to August 8, 2014); 1-week lab/lecture course and 9-weeks independent research
• Mentoring from research faculty, graduate students, and peers
• Symposia at SF State and RTC to formally present research projects
• $5,000 stipend
• Assistance with living expenses and travel costs
• Excursions and social programs highlighting attractions of the Bay Area
Applications for Summer 2014 are due February 21.