Graduate Research Assistantships are offered through campus departments (Biology, Chemistry Geosciences, etc) for an array of jobs, including lab set-up, exam reading, and general facilities support (marine operations, seawater system). The workload varies from 5, 10, 15, to 20 hours/week. Jobs vary from semester to semester, and may be carried out on campus and at RTC. Contact your RTC advisor for information regarding available Graduate Research Assistantships specific to research taking place at RTC.
campus departments hire Graduate Teaching Assistants to
serve as instructors in laboratory and lecture courses.
Download, print and complete the application
for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, and mail it to:
Department of Biology, SFSU
1600 Holloway Ave.
San Francisco , CA 94132
Grants and Scholarships
Grant Funded Research
Many Principal Investigators include funding for graduate student research in grant proposals. Check with individual PIs for current opportunities, and check this page for future opportunities.
RTC offers two annual scholarships to its students, paid once each academic year. Applications should be made to the RTC Director.
SF State Support
- Graduate Fellowship Awards and Graduate Equity Fellowships are offered through the Grad Division.
- Visit the Office of Academic Honors and Scholarships web site for a list of available scholarships.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid maintains information on financial aid opportunities.
Extramurally Funded Support
- The Department of Biology has several training grants and fellowships to support graduate study. To see a list of these opportunities visit the Biology Department's Student Enrichment Opportunities Office.
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry also maintains a list of financial support opportunities.