Discovery Day Open House
Save the date for Discovery Day 2013!
Sunday, October 13 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Discovery Day is our annual open house, the one day of the year when the public can visit and spend the day behind the scenes, meet our scientists and learn about their research in San Francisco Bay and beyond.
- Learn about important research in San Francisco Bay and beyond
- See the laboratories and tools our scientists use to do their work
- Meet our scientists, students and staff
- Listen to engaging talks on current research
- Try science activities for adults and kids alike
- Touch live marine organisms
- Listen to underwater sounds off our seawall
- Art activities for all ages and SF State Ceramics
- Support RTC's Student Association and purchase a limited-edition Discovery Day t-shirt or other merchandise!
- Food and beverages are available for purchase to support the RTC Student Association
- Visitors are welcome to bring picnic lunches to enjoy outside
- Admission and parking for bikes and cars are free!
In 2013, RTC's Discovery Day will again be a featured event of the Bay Area Science Festival, a showcase of bay area science resources.
Please note: there is no public transportation within three miles of RTC. Please see our Directions page for information on how to get here.
For more information, contact Outreach Coordinator Erin Blackwood.